Current hours would be M,T,TH,F 10:45 to 5:30 and 8:00 to 5:30 on Wednesdays.
An After School Camp Counselor provides excellent group instruction involving all students equally while implementing scheduled activities that enrich after school time for all campers. The After School Camp Counselor develops positive relationships and strives to know campers by name and find ways to encourage campers to explore their faith in God. The After School Camp Counselors role is to act as a teacher and a positive role model. The After School Camp Counselor must engage their group in both teams and individual activities, while going over safety and camp rules. After School Camp Counselors not only teach camp activities but social interaction skills as well. The After School Camp Counselors play a crucial role in helping PCC SACC make After School Camp a memorable and enriching experience for campers.
- Integrity: Honest, follows-through, accepts personal responsibility, accountable.
- Passionate: Believes and strives to achieve SACC mission and vision. Passionate about children discovering their gifts.
- Leadership: Holds self and others accountable, leads camper groups for success, influences and inspires those around you, listens and learns from others.
- Work ethic: Ability to work independently, takes initiative, strives for excellence, complete assigned tasks, strong quality of work, enthusiasm, teachable, shows full participation during trainings.
- Knowledgeable: Understands children's day camp activities, children's bible topics, and safety of working with children.
- Customer service: Courteous, strong communication skills, attentive to others, patience, and comfortable giving progress reports to parents.
- Professionalism: Punctuality, proper work attire, positive attitude, excellent attendance, and uses appropriate language with campers and staff at all times.
- Experience: 1+ years of experience working with kids in a camp setting. Experience working in faith-based curriculum preferred
- Education: High school degree or equivalent.
- Teamwork: Able to work with others towards a common goal, create a positive working atmosphere, support others to better team performance, gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Reputation: Prioritizes community building and helping strengthen SACC’s relationship with the local parent community.
- Adaptability: Willingness and ability to make quick decisions, perseveres in difficult situations and/or circumstances or when faced with conflicting priorities, keeps composure.
- Able to stand and move around a large area for up to four hours at a time.
- Able to lift and transport up to 30 pounds of equipment.
- Lead group of campers through daily camp activities while making sure to keep account for all children in the group.
- Learn and implement camp rules and policies.
- Setup, lead, and breakdown activities throughout the day.
- If possible (ages 21+), pick up campers from local schools and bring them to PCC campus
- If assigned, sign in campers once they are dropped off
- Provide homework assistance to campers
- Manages and cares for the assigned classroom. Ensures that classroom is cleaned and prepared for the next ministry to use.
- Serve snack in a positive, family-style manner
- Safely navigate campers through PCC campus and field trip locations.
- Participate in weekly Bible Time programming.
- Lead group camper through group discussions.
- Communicate and work with counselors, office staff and parents to discuss camper behavior and progress.
- Learn and implement camp rules and policies.
- Develop individual relationships with students.
- Tend to campers' social and emotional needs throughout the school day.
- Follow injury procedures at all times.
- Be aware of camper safety at all times.
- Help other groups with day-to-day needs (subs, equipment needs, etc.).
- Create and coordinate unique group experiences (group songs, camp traditions, group parties, etc.).
- Give ongoing constructive feedback to fellow SACC staff.
- Complete assigned training items throughout the year.
- Attend weekly mandatory staff meetings.
- Strive to live out the SACC mission and vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our mission is to provide campers with an environment of physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional growth and safety as well as an opportunity to feel significant as unique individuals.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)